Tuesday 29 March 2011

Evaluation Question 3 - What have you learned from your audience feedback?

I have gathered a range of feedback for my music video. Below is eight graphs, the feedback that has made up the graphs has been gathered from two different sources. I also have feedback that will be shown later, which is comments that have been left on my Media Blog. The three sources that I used to gather feedback for my graphs were:

1.A film screening, this is were parents and friends were invited in to watch all of the media students videos and leave feedback for each one.
2.The second was the AS media students, they had a lesson that was dedicated to watching the music videos and leaving feedback.
3. The third was an interview I did with somebody from my class, I filmed him watching the video and answering questions about it. This part will be in question 3.

              The feedback system is basic, there are eight questions that the people giving feedback had to answer, they could score each question from one to four, one was the lowest score and four was the best score attainable. After receiving the data I sorted it into graph an charts in order to represent in question three of the evaluation. From these first two sources a total of 43 people gave feedback.



               To the left is question one of eight, this question asks whether the audience felt that I held the camera steady. Holding the camera steady was very important when filming as it keeps a professional feel, it also makes it smoother to watch. You can see on the pie chart that I have not received any ones or twos, I ‘am very happy about this as when filming I was trying at all times to keep the camera completely still. I have received only threes and fours, so this shows that the audience felt that I held to camera steady throughout the video.





               This question refers to how well framed my shots were. I have received a variation of results, showing that some people have different opinions. However I feel that the over riding feeling from the audience was that the shots were framed well as I have received mainly threes and fours. I feel the framing throughout the video was good. There were some areas that I felt that the framing could have been better and would therefore agree with the twos I had received.



              When making the video I wanted to use a vast variation of shots, this was an attempt to keep the video fresh and keep the viewers interested. I feel I used a range of shots and I feel that my audience agree with this. I have received mainly threes and fours, however I have received some twos again, this may be because that I could have had to many shots of the same style and they wanted something different. I feel that I did use a big variation of shots and because of this disagree with these twos I have been given.





                When making this video it was hard to find the appropriate locations, I only had a small few at my disposal. I feel that I could have used more, but I do not think that I used to few. 19% of my audience feedback feel that my choices of locations were not appropriate. The other 81% feel that my choices of locations were appropriate. I feel that the locations that I chose were appropriate. I if I could have chosen another it would have probably been some sort of stage for the band performance.



                When making my video I was not really thinking about the lighting, the only thing that was going through my mind at the time of filming was that the lip sync was good enough and the framing was tight. I obviously checked to see if the people being filmed were visible and they were so that was good enough for me at the time. I was happy afterwards that the quality of the lighting did not effect the video. You can see in the table to the right that a lot of my audience agreed with me that the lighting was appropriate, most of the light was natural anyway.



                In my video I wanted to portray a clear story of how the singer falls for Caroline. I feel I have done this well by showing an accidental coming together of the two, this was when they bumped into each other. I then went to show the singer spending tine with Caroline and singing about her. The story I wanted to get across to the audience was of how they met each other and how things escalated from their, I personally feel that I have done this well and 89% of my audience feedback agree with me.



                 I feel that the main attraction to my video is that amount of effects I have used. I feel that these effects make my video interesting and keep the audience hooked, I used the green screen when filming which allowed me to add a range of backgrounds that could be used as different locations. As I have said in the second part of my evaluation I wanted to use effects to show the iconic part of the song which is the trumpet player, I used a whole range of different effects on the trumpet player to show this. Looking at the results I received you can see that 39/43 people agree that the effects I used were appropriate.



                This projects main time consuming part was the editing, it took along time to put together, it was essential that the images shown and the lyrics being sung were in the right context with each other. I feel that I had done this well an example of why I think this would be because of the lyrics ‘Look at the night’ at this point the camera goes into a night time shot. Looking at the audience feedback you can see that 88% of the audience agree with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment